Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this.
For 2016/17, Heronsgate has been allocated £11,200.
Heronsgate Primary School has decided to use the money towards the cost of a specialist PE teacher whose impact will be shown by:
- PE specialist (secondary trained) – teaching quality sports lessons for one hour a week to all KS2 pupils.
- Team teaching with teachers who need extra support in this area.
- Leading sports competitions for all ages
- Curriculum designed to encompass a wide range of both competitive and non competitive sports. Including sports prevalent in secondary schools with a particular focus this year on fitness and gymnastics.
An enriched PE curriculum:
- PE specialist (secondary trained) – team teaching quality sports lessons, including indoor and outdoor PE, for one hour a week to all pupils, improving the standard of PE teaching across the school.
Promotion of the love of sport to all pupils:
- Extra curricular sports activities offered
- Quality teaching spread by team teaching.
Additionally we have used the funding to improve the resources available for teaching high quality PE lessons, with a particular focus on gymnastics and fitness. The aim of this being to help teachers consistently teach high quality PE lessons.
In 2015/16 we received £10,210 , which was also put towards the cost of a specialist PE teacher.