It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school. School uniform is part of the school ethos and in sending their child/ren to Heronsgate Primary School, parents agree to support our policy.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- Identifies the children with the school;
- Is practical and smart;
Our uniform consists of:
- White Heronsgate polo shirt
- Navy blue Heronsgate sweater or cardigan (we promote the wearing of jumpers/polo shirts with logos but plain versions in the school colours are acceptable)
- Black or grey trousers, shorts or skirts
- Blue checked dress
- Plain socks or tights in school colours (white, black, navy blue or grey)
- Plain headscarves in school colours
- Plain and discreet headbands and hair ties
- A peaked cap for summer protection (sunglasses are not permitted)
- Black flat sensible, safe shoes or ankle high boots with good grip on the sole. Alternatively, smart, black trainers with no white or coloured flashes or patterns. Bright coloured laces are not permitted
- High heels, flip flops, open-toed sandals, steel toed shoes/boots and greater than ankle high boots are unsafe & not appropriate for school. Pupils may wear boots to/from school but will need to bring a pair of shoes to change into
- No make-up is to be worn to school (this includes nail polish)
- White T shirt, shorts/tracksuit bottoms/sweatshirt in school colours
- Trainers/black plimsolls
- Swimming: swimming costume/trunks/jammers, towel, swimming hat for long hair. Please note the swimming pool do not permit goggles without a medical note
School book bags
- All new starters to the school will be given a Heronsgate book bag. If this bag is subsequently lost, parents will be responsible for purchasing a new one from the school supplier
It is encouraged that pupils do not wear jewellery to school, especially as individuals become very upset if a treasured piece of jewellery goes missing or is damaged. The only acceptable items of jewellery permitted are small studs for pierced ears and sensible watches. Please note that the school will be unable to take any responsibility for any jewellery lost or damaged.
Please label all school clothes with your child’s name. We do our best to re-unite children with clothes they leave lying around the playground and building.
Please ensure your child is aware of and adheres to our school uniform policy. We thank you for your cooperation in implementing this policy.
Uniform Supplier: CASEY’S SCHOOLWEAR (Please note we do not stock/sell uniform in school).